Is time to give yourself a gift of healing!
The thai word “Nuad” is usually translated into English as “Massage”. However, this is very different from the type of tissue manipulation which we usually associate with this word in the context of Western practice. It is more accurate to think of Thai Massage as a body manipulation such as Rolfing, Shiatsu, Chiropratic, Alexander Technique etc.
Nuad Bo-Rarn Thai Mssage (Northern Style) is performed on a mat on the floor rather than a raised table. This allows for many movements and procedures that are not practical or effective in table work. It allows for the most effective use of the practitioner’s body weight rather than muscular force for the transmission of pressure, force, or energy, which creates a highly therapeutic effect. The work itself consists primarily of pressure on energy lines and points, and a large variety of stretching movements. Some people say that Thai Massage technique is ideal for lazy yoguis because it’s a manipulation of the whole parts of the body.
Benefits of Thai Massage:
- Releases stress and increases energy.
- Releases points of tension in the body which block the natural flow of energy, inducing homeostasis, balance and harmony.
- Improves circulation.
- Relieves pain.
- Increases flexibility and range of motion.
- Assists alignment and postural integrity of the body.
- Promotes inner peace and quiet min.